We pride ourselves on listening to our clients, respecting their way of doing business and approaching their legal issues in a way that delivers a response to immediate needs as well as looking to broader long-term solutions.
- Tenure upgrades
- Tenure resolution for town and city expansions
- Local Government applications to purchase
- Application of the State Development and Public Works Organisation Act 1971 (Qld)
- Reserve land dealings
- Proposed transfers under the Aboriginal Land Act 1991 (Qld)/Torres Strait Islander Land Act 1991 (Qld)
- Aboriginal (Trustee) Leases (including for infrastructure projects)
- Agistment agreements
Native Title and Cultural Heritage
- Applications for the determination of native title (claimant and non-claimant)
- Indigenous Land Use Agreements
- Post Timber Creek compensation claims and compliance.
- Protection of existing interests
- Native title compulsory acquisitions
- Future acts, mining and exploration negotiations
- Native title and cultural heritage compliance assessment (all tenure types and infrastructure)
- Cultural heritage management plans and agreements
- Cultural heritage protocols
- Traditional owner boundary dispute resolution projects
- Prescribed Body Corporate establishment and support
Other Indigenous land and business interests
- Traditional Use of Marine Resource Agreements
- Indigenous Protected Areas
- Working on Country programs
- Customised rules for corporations
- Tenure dealings
- Intra Indigenous disputes
- Land management
- Carbon farming initiatives
- Special administrator for Indigenous corporations as appointed by Registrar
- Wealth sharing models for communities
Litigation and dispute resolution
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Debt recovery
- Contractual disputes
- Claims for possession of property
- Resolution of landlord/tenant/licensee disputes
- Building and construction industry claims
- Employment law disputes
- General litigation
- Buying, selling and leasing property (businesses, shareholdings, plant and equipment)
- Contracts for the supply of goods and services
- Joint ventures and shareholder agreements including those meeting Supply Nation certification requirements
- Joint venture and company exits
- Establishment of corporate entities and trusts
- DGR, Charity and NFP registration
- Corporate governance
- Directors duties
- Board advisory roles
Download More Information
Marrawah Law is the nation’s leading independent Indigenous legal firm and the legal advisors of choice for government, business, Not-for-Profits and traditional owner groups.
Supply Nation Members
100% Indigenous owned, Supply Nation certified and our team offers clients pathways to deal with issues through practical, whole of business solutions with cultural legitimacy.
Founder & Principal Solicitor
Business Operations Manager
Marrawah Law wins big at Supply Nation Supplier Diversity Awards MEDIA RELEASE...
Marrawah Law proudly hosts International Women’s Day in Cairns Earlier this...
High praise as top legal eagle takes two gongs PALAWA woman Leah Cameron (Brown) have...
Diversity is increasingly seen as an advantage in business As the owner of an...
Marrawah Law celebrates Doyle’s recognition The Marrawah Law team are today celebrating...
Why we are proud to be a Supply Nation certified Indigenous business As I reflect on...