Thomas leads Marrawah Law’s Commercial Law section and is an unsupervised senior solicitor at Marrawah Law. Coming from a background in general private practice Thomas has in-depth experience across the fields of commercial law, litigation and property law.
Thomas was previously a director of the Gurriny Yealamucka Health Services Aboriginal Corporation for 3 years. During that time Tom helped oversee Gurriny’s successful transition to community-controlled primary healthcare in Yarrabah.
In 2013/2014 Tom was elected the President of the North Queensland Law Association and was a member of the management committees of both the North Queensland Law Association and Far North Queensland Law Association for several years. He is a current member of the Cairns Committee for Waste Reduction and has implemented significant sustainability practices for Marrawah Law.
Thomas specialises in:
- Agistment agreements, leasing and commercial conveyancing;
- Contractual advice, negotiation and drafting;
- Business acquisitions and sales;
- Commercial dispute resolution and debt recovery;
- Corporate structures and restructures;
- Sales and purchases of franchised businesses; and
- Joint ventures and memorandums of understanding.
Our Practice Areas
Marrawah Law is a multi-award winning Indigenous legal practice independently certified by Supply Nation as 100% Indigenous-owned, controlled and managed company, find out more what services we can offer you.
Marrawah Law represents the combined strengths of two firms and over 75 years’ experience in the practice of law for government, corporate and Indigenous clients:
Founder & Principal Solicitor