We are very much a part of our local community and support our local community both with our time and through financial contributions.
Our staff are members of local boards and management committees including Access Community Housing, Gurriny Yealamucka Heath Services (Yarrabah), Far North Queensland Law Association and the Queensland Law Societies’ Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group.
Members of the firm contribute a significant amount of time to pro bono work and appear weekly on the National Indigenous Radio Service’s Talk Black Program (facilitated locally by Bumma Bippera Media) talking on topical legal issues.
In addition, we conduct regular information sessions and pro bono work throughout the region for those who cannot access traditional legal aid services.
We support students within the community through the Aurora Project internship program whereby we host legal interns for 6 weeks per year. Having seen the benefit of mentoring programs we are more than happy to mentor Indigenous students and newly admitted solicitors.
We also provide financial sponsorship for various entities/events including:
• National Native Title Conference Sponsor 2015-2017
• Aboriginal Enterprises in Mining Exploration and Energy Conference Sponsor 2017
• Indigenous Economic Development Conference Sponsor 2015
• Royal Flying Doctors Service
• Bumma Bippera Media Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation
• National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee(NAIDOC) events.
Contact Leah today
We are here to help. Ask us about a consultation.